Apache Hive Database Query Tool and SQL Editor Features
The Apache Hive SQL Editor and Database Query Tool provided by RazorSQL includes a custom Apache Hive database browser tailored to Hive, an Apache Hive sql editor, a Hive table editor, a Hive query builder, and other tools for working with Hive such as a Hive create table tool and Hive data searching tool as well as much more. For information on getting connected to Apache Hive from RazorSQL, see the following page: Getting Connected to Hive
Hive SQL Editor
- Run SQL queries and edit SQL scripts
- Auto table lookup and completion
- Auto column lookup and completion
Hive GUI Tools
- An Apache Hive create table tool that generates Hive specific create table SQL that includes such elements as column names, types, lengths or precisions, scales, nullability, etc.
- Hive Database Backup Tools for backing up single or multiple Hive tables.
- A Hive create view tool that generates the SQL for creating Hive views
- SQL Drop Tools for dropping tables and views.
- A visual edit table tool for visually editing Apache Hive tables in a spreadsheet format
- Hive Import and Export tools for importing data into tables, or exporting data from single tables or all tables in a database in various formats
- A Generate DDL Tool for Apache Hive for generating Hive table, view, and index DDL.
Hive Database Browser
- Displays information in a tree format for databases, tables, and views
- Displays Hive table information such as column name, column type, and column length
- Easily view table contents, generate DDL, search, etc. via the context menu options
Hive Import Tool
Import data from various formats such as delimited files, Excel spreadsheets (XLS and XLSX), and fixed width files.
Hive Export Tool
Export data in various formats such as delimited files, Excel spreadsheets (XLS and XLSX), text, HTML, XML, and SQL insert statements.
Hive Table Editor
Edit tables in a spreadsheet format with support for finding and replacing data, automatic generation of SQL, and support for editing multi-line data.